So the new website is finally here.
Up until now, players have socialised inside the pubs, as little mini-communities. We have always envisioned that the Hi 5 players could become one big national community, that are brought together by their mutual love of poker.
This website has lots of fantastic features to make this a reality, and to bring theses mini-communities together into something much bigger.
Guides on just what is available, and how to use it, will be coming shortly. Until then, here is a quick list for you to glance over:
- Players can ‘friend’ one another.
- Players can private message one another.
- An activity wall where you can post updates, links, videos, and photos.
- These updates will show on your friend’s activity list.
- Friends can comment and like each others content, or even share it on other social media.
- Your pubs have their own page, which has its own activity wall.
- Posts on the group page will show up on the venue members walls for commenting and sharing.
- There is a forum, where players can create and discuss topics that are most important to them.
- There is also a chat room, so that you can get to know one another in a live messaging environment.
- Community activity scoring system, where you earn points for doing stuff. For example, sharing a post will earn you 2 points.
- There is a ranking system based on these points, and moving up the system earns you a new title.
- The person with the most points is distinguished as the most active member.
- There is a badges system where you earn badges for making it to the annual Grand Final!
Hopefully that gives you a flavour of the direction we are trying to head with our community. Put simply, we want to encourage you guys and girls to get to know one another. After all, half of the draw about making it to the semi-finals is that you get to see the friends that you made at the last one!
Please let us know what you think and pass along any suggestions in the comment section below!
That’s all for now.
The Hi 5 Poker Team.